मेरा होना न होना सा ...

Mera Hona Na Hona Sa …
This is an old Nazm (poem) that speaks about the pain of rejection ….



GLOSSARY
ख़लिश – चुभन
मुन्तज़िर – इंतज़ार करने वाली
अहद – वादा
                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Presented below is essentially a literal English translation of this nazm (poem). A lot of effort and ability is required to carry over the charm of poetic expression and aesthetic value present in any original work into another language. I am afraid I do not have this ability. Yet I wanted to reach out to a wider audience. So even at the risk of sounding dull, I have attempted, by the way of this translation, to somehow try to covey the underlying idea of the nazm however coarse it may seem though. I offer my humble apologies to my readers for these poetic failings.  

Neither the land nor is the sky for me
I am non-existent for you

When I ask my heart
 There are no answers
The prick of the pain is merciless
It lingers on
My non-beingness torments me in many ways
So does the realization that I am non-existent for you

We were midst the distance
 That long period of time had put between us
That meeting of ours was no less than separation
There was no promise for me
In your waiting eyes
My being was like non-being to you
                                                                                                                             -     Ishu Priye



Note : The original work is registered with the Registrar Of Copyrights, Copyrights Office, Govt. Of India.
For terms of use, please visit the Copyright Policy/Terms Of Use page on this blog.

4 comments:

Three Most Viewed Posts From This Blog