ज़माना गुज़रा बात करे


Zamana Guzra Baat Kare ... 

If you have a brother or a sister, you should consider yourself lucky. And if he or she lives close by, then believe me, you are extremely blessed as well. My brother lives too far for comfort. Whenever we are done speaking to each other over phone, I keep thinking about him and hold on to the words spoken between us for long. I am sure he too does the same. It was one such conversation that got woven into this poem on the trail of my lost thoughts. So this poem belongs to him. 



Presented below is essentially a literal English translation of this poem. A lot of effort and ability is required to carry over the charm of poetic expression and aesthetic value present in any original work into another language. I am afraid I do not have this ability. Yet I wanted to reach out to a wider audience. So even at the risk of sounding dull, I have attempted, by the way of this translation, to somehow try to covey the underlying idea of the poem however coarse it may seem though. I offer my humble apologies to my readers for these poetic failings. 

" It Has Been Ages Since We Talked "
It has been ages since we talked
And ages since we met unrestrained
What has become of our emotions
And of those bemused nights
That city which was your own
And that dream of your eyes
You deserted them and so did I
Swayed away by fragile relationships
You went afar under compulsions of life
The splendor of my eyes was gone
But still in some corner of my heart
Whenever feelings about you are kindled
Dust clears off from the body of my memories
And someone meets me with flowing warmth
I am like a tired sea and a dejected  shore
You are the light spread far and beyond
May God bring together the separated ones
For it has been ages since we talked.
                                                                                                                  - Ishu Priye



Note : The original work is registered with the Registrar Of Copyrights, Copyrights Office, Govt. Of India.
For terms of use, please visit the Copyright Policy/Terms Of Use page on this blog.
Image courtesy https://www.myfreetextures.com

1 comment:

  1. Ishu bhai you are doing good. Waiting for the next one. Yours
    Gurminder Singh

    ReplyDelete

Three Most Viewed Posts From This Blog